The Toronto Centre for Active Transportation (TCAT) and Share the Road Cycling Coalition are teaming up to bring you three days of inspiration and best in class strategies to transform your community.
Whether you are facing a design conundrum; looking for ways to conquer barriers to active school travel; or looking for assistance with effective outreach and marketing strategies, successful safety campaigns, and the latest in travel and tourism ideas, this event is for you! We’ll be bringing you captivating speakers and innovative ideas in this not to be missed annual event.
May 27th is the first day of Bike Month, so mark your calendars and join us May 27th-29th at the Hyatt Regency Toronto, and stay tuned for further information on programs and speakers.
Call for Proposals: Present at the 2013 Complete Streets Forum and Ontario Bike Summit
We’re looking for speakers to share their insight and expertise at the 2013 Complete Streets Forum and Ontario Bike Summit and present on the following themes:
• Making the economic case for active transportation – tools for making the case for investment (e.g. road diets, paving shoulders)
• Innovative uses of technology from encouraging modal shift to capturing transportation patterns
• Innovative Complete Streets design and policies – including interim design solutions
• Infrastructure funding: creative approaches
• Effective strategies for bringing multiple stakeholders to the table (e.g. inter-jurisdictional active transportation communities of practice, cross-sector partnerships)
• Original evidence-based cycling or pedestrian research
• Making active transportation relevant in rural, small town and suburban communities
• Seizing the day: leveraging infrastructure upgrade opportunities to implement a Complete Streets approach
• The transit-active transportation relationship – from infrastructure design, to planning and marketing strategies
• Outreach consultation and engagement strategies: tips for consulting and engaging your community, politicians, citizens, and key stakeholders
• Marketing campaigns and strategies to engineer/encourage modal shift
• Effective awareness and education campaigns including safety campaigns
• Targeted campaigns e.g. youth, new populations
• Social marketing strategies and campaigns
• Tourism and travel: ideas for leveraging community assets and tourism/economic development partners
Both the Forum and the Summit have a unique blend of participants from the municipal sector, the pedestrian and bicycle advocacy community, the bicycle industry, and a wide variety of partners in health, environment, transportation, and safety organizations.
For more information about presenting at the 2013 Complete Streets Forum, please access the guidelines here or send an email to Nancy Smith Lea, TCAT Director, at email@example.com.
For more information about presenting at the Ontario Bike Summit, please see the website here and if you are interested in presenting send a short email with an outline of your presentation to Eleanor McMahon Eleanor@sharetheroad.ca
The deadline for proposals is March 8th at 5 p.m.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and to welcoming you to the 2013 Complete Streets Forum and Ontario Bike Summit in Toronto.